Fineline Printing & Stationery Limited
Terms & Conditions
As part of our commitment to you, it is important that we set out clearly and unambiguously our terms of business. As one of our clients, we can assure you that we not only value your business but we also appreciate the fact that you have chosen Fineline as your supplier.
These terms and conditions are important so that you know what to expect of us and what we expect of you.
These terms and conditions apply when Fineline Printing & Stationery Ltd supplies goods or services to you, the customer. Our terms are governed by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Services & Goods Act 1982. The provisions of those acts shall govern our relationship with you, the customer.
2.1 At your request Proposals will be supplied and costs will be calculated from the information supplied by you at the time of your enquiry. If, for any reason, specification changes lead to any adjustment in price we will notify you at the time they are incurred so that you will know in advance what you will have to pay.
- The quotation will remain valid as an offer for 30 days, following which we reserve the right to vary the cost.
- This quotation will cover the cost of any:
- Preparatory Work
- Supply of goods or services.
However, if in the course of preparing any of the above your requirements change or unforeseen complications arise we reserve the right to change your original quotation
3 Providing us with detailed instructions
- You will be required to provide us with detailed instructions as to what you require.
- All work completed is based on your instructions.
- We will advise you accordingly making suitable suggestions as to the design and format etc.
- Computer Images/Documents supplied by you.
4.1 If you choose to provide us with a computer image of any sort i.e., on disk, by email etc., please confirm beforehand that you wish to do this.
- The term Awork (or document) supplied on disk@ describes any finished document supplied to us on digital media that is intended to proceed directly to printing with no alterations or amendments. In other words it is the finished article. Although the work may have looked good on your screen and you may even have printed out a test sheet on your own desktop printer for a final check before sending the job to us there is always the possibility that it may not print out on our machines exactly as you intended. For this reason, we strongly advise that you ask for a proof before authorising us to print. Proofs are chargeable and these charges are detailed in our current price list.
- Proceeding to print without requesting a proof is entirely at your own risk as any faults in layout, content, colour etc that need to be rectified will be at your own cost. We will not bear any responsibility as to the costs if a reprint is required or consequential costs if a job is delayed.
- Although we retain many jobs on file it is your responsibility to ensure that you keep suitable backup material on your own system when sending material in an electronic format to us.
- If, in the course of our instructions, we have prepared any artwork on your behalf, the work will be archived by ourselves should you ever require a reprint. There is no charge for this service.
- You may request that documents designed by us are supplied to you on disk in addition to the supply of the printed matter. Unless otherwise requested a document will be supplied to you in the same native format as it was created (software package and platform, i.e., Mac or PC). Please be aware that you will need the same software package and the same version of that software on your own system to be able to utilise the files that we return to you. A small charge will be incurred for this service. Should you require work to be saved to disk for your own use in a different format to which it was created this must be requested at the time of your order.
- At key stages, during the printing process, you will be supplied with proofs. It is your responsibility to check the whole document thoroughly and notify us of any amendments that you wish to be made.
- Any amendments must be provided in writing.
- After the supply of the final proof you will be required to sign an acceptance confirming your satisfaction as to the quality and content of the proof.
- Once a proof has been signed off and accepted by you, it is taken to mean that you are entirely satisfied with all aspects of the proof that you have signed. If a reprint of a job is required after you have indicated your acceptance by signing the proof then the cost for such a reprint will be your responsibility.
- No document will be sent for printing without your written approval.
- Any amendments made after the final proof approval will bear an additional charge as the printing process may have already commenced.
- Every attempt will be made to submit proofs on the material that the job will ultimately be printed on.
- Delivery Dates.
- When placing your order if you require a certain delivery date it is your duty to inform us of this date. We will then use our best endeavours to complete your work by this date.
- If no date is provided we can provide you with an estimated date upon which work will be completed.
- Time is not of the essence as regards to delivery dates.
- On despatch of your order you will be faxed or emailed a delivery note which will indicate:
- The number of parcels despatched
- The date of despatch
- An indication as to when goods are expected to arrive.
If your order has not been received by the time indicated please notify us as soon as possible.
8 Acceptance & Inspection
- Upon delivery of the goods, it is your duty to check for any shortfall, damage etc.
- Signing for the goods will constitute acceptance of them whatever their condition and will rescind any right that you will have in the future as to defect etc.
- You may cancel your instructions by providing us with reasonable notice at any point during the process.
- In the event of cancellation, we reserve the right to charge you for work done and materials used up to that date and you will be liable for any costs incurred.
10 Payment by customers with an approved credit account.
- We may, at our discretion allow customers to hold a credit account with us.
- Customers with an approved credit account are required to pay their invoices within 30 days of the invoice date.
10.3 If a specific item or items remains unpaid by the Due Date the charges detailed in Schedule A attached to these terms will apply, in accordance with s5A and/or s6 of the Late Payment Commercial Debt (Interest) Act 1988. If it becomes necessary to employ ICSM or any other third party to collect the overdue account, all invoices will be become due and payable immediately and will be treated as overdue item, with appropriate charges applied. In addition all of the third party’s charges will be added to the account for collection.
11 Payment by customers not holding an account
- Upon accepting instructions by yourself we reserve the right to issue interim invoices requesting payment for work undertaken.
12.1 Interest will be charged at a rate of 8% per annum on unpaid invoices subject to the above terms and conditions.
13.1 If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
13.3 You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging and you must return the entire consignment.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
In order to qualify for a full refund or reprint you will need to email us within 3 days of delivery of your order detailing the nature of the problem. If speed is of the essence you may wish to provide a photograph of the damage or defect.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
We will refund you any reasonable cost of returning the defective items to us. However, the costs of returning the defective goods must be agreed in advance.
13.6 Bespoke items.
If we have printed a bespoke item for you we will only issue a refund if the item is defective or of poor quality.
However, if the item is bespoke, in the first instance and if time allows, we will reprint the item for you.
13.7 Contact Us
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, please contact us.
14 Marketing & Display
14.1 From time to time we may draw on our library of material to use for our own marketing or display purposes. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish us to use any of the material, designs or concepts that we have created for you, for the purposes of marketing or display.
- If an invoice remains overdue at the end of the month following the due date we will levy an Administration Charge of £12.50 against that invoice to cover our internal administration costs in collecting payment.
- If the invoice remains outstanding at the end of the overdue month we will pass it to our Agents, who will add their charges to the account for collection. In such a case all outstanding invoices will fall due and payable